Water Saving Tips;
If you get no more than one useful idea from the list of water saving tips below, then it will be worth my effort.
- Water during early morning or late afternoon to avoid the hottest part of the day thus avoiding evaporation.
- Don’t over-water your lawn, one inch of water a week is fine for most lawns
- Use pool covers to avoid evaporation
- Install a good quality low-flow shower head
- Check load size when washing laundry and dishes
- Fill a bowl for washing vegetables rather than continually running the tap
- Take the five minute shower challenge
- Get a 1.6 gallon flush toilet. You will love it
- Get a 1.5 gallons per minute faucet. Saves up to 30%.
- Fix leaks and drips ASAP.
- When landscaping why not use plants that require less watering
- Sweep sidewalks and driveways with a broom rather than a hose
- shut the water when brushing teeth
- And finally, Invest in a rain barrel. There great.
Water is a precious resource. Let’s not take it for granted.
Energy geeks is a Home Performance Contractor whose primary focus is sustainability and efficiency as it pertains to energy use, water consumption, indoor air quality, land use and building design and construction.
We can be reached at 401-766-1540 or www.energygeeksinc.com