How do you determine if an older home needs insulation?
- Have a qualified Home Performance Contractor such as Energy Geeks perform an infrared scan of your exterior walls. These high-tech scans can determine exactly where the heat loss occurs in your home.
How to insulate an older home in eight steps
- Carefully remove the existing siding
- Remove house wrap if applicable
- Drill 4” holes in the middle of each bay between wall studs
- Insert 2” dense pack hose which is connected to a powerful insulation machine
- Turn the machine on, as the cavity is packed tight with insulation, pull back on the hose
- Insert a 4” Styrofoam plug into the hole to keep moisture out
- Reinstall house wrap if applicable
- Carefully reinstall existing siding
How to save up to 75% of the cost of insulating an older home
- If you live in Massachusetts have an energy audit performed through the Mass Save Program.
- If you live in Rhode Island have an energy audit performed through the Energy Wise Program.
- Contact Energy Geeks to expedite the process in either Massachusetts or Rhode Island
What do you do after you insulate your older home?
- Enjoy vastly increased comfort and quiet
- Reap huge savings on your energy bills
Wall insulation in an older home in Needham, MA
- Watch the following video which shows one of our crews insulating an older home in Needham MA.
Wall insulation contractor for older homes in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
If you’d like more information on how you can minimize energy consumption and maximize savings while making your home more comfortable all year round, then contact Energy Geeks. Our mission is to provide the most comprehensive and efficient solutions to reduce energy use in your home.