Possible Causes of Cold Floors in Your Home:
- The floor is above an unheated garage and improperly insulated.
- The floor is above an unfinished basement and improperly insulated.
- The floor is cantilevered outside the foundation footprint and improperly insulated.
- The floor is above an unheated crawlspace and improperly insulated.
Cold Floor Solutions:
- Remove improperly installed insulation.
- Properly install fiberglass batt insulation.
- Install 2” rigid insulation over the fiberglass batt insulation. This adds more R value while keeping the wind and critters out.
How to Receive Home Efficiency Rebates to Offset the Cost of Insulating Your Floors:
- If you live in Massachusetts have an energy assessment performed through the Mass Save Program.
- If you live in Rhode Island have an energy assessment performed through the Energy Wise Program.
Contact Energy Geeks to expedite the process in either Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
What to Do Next About Cold Floors?
- Watch the following video which shows one of our crews insulating a crawl space/cantilever in an older home in Sharon, MA.
- Enjoy walking barefoot on your warm floor.
Ready to Fix the Cold Floors in Your House?
If you’d like more information on how you can minimize energy consumption and maximize savings while making your home more comfortable all year round by fixing your cold floors, then contact Energy Geeks. Our mission is to provide the most comprehensive and efficient solutions to reduce energy use in your home.