Careers in energy efficiency: Energy Geeks requires background checks and drug testing for all potential new employees. We then ensure that they have the “best in industry” training and certification, or we provide the training opportunities for them. The training and certifications our technicians must have include:
- Building Performance Institute
- Successful completion of Crew Chief Certification
- Lead Certified Remodeler
- Mass Home Improvement License
- Mass Construction Supervisor License
CURRENT CAREERS IN ENERGY EFFICIENCY
Position: Field Technician
Reports to: Team Leader
Department: Team 1, Team 2, Team 3
To be part of an efficient and well run three man team whose job it is to make homes more energy efficient
Essential Job Functions:
- Load up trucks each morning with supplies for the days job
- Airseal the homes to reduce air leaks
- Apply different insulation types as required to save energy ion the home.
- Job clean up so the customer does not have to.
- Always try and stay busy
- Always think ahead at what needs to be done and work efficiency
- Learn as you go as much as possible to make yourself a more valuable team leader.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough background check and drug screen
Marginal job functions:
- Clean up company yard as necessary
- Keep warehouse areas clean
- Read and absorb technical material having to do with weatherization while your team is in transit.
- Always maintain clean vehicles inside and out.